• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Purpose of the sub-forum

These two posts come from another thread but they started me thinking (bad I know).

Stuart Johnson asked this question.

Ed, what is the purpose of the AAW Information forum if not to ask questions? I find it very disturbing that none of the powers that be (BOD, Ethics Committee and Bylaw Committee) feel a need to use the forum to answer questions or keep the membership informed.

Ed Davidson has this to say in response.

Stuart,

The purpose of this sub-forum is for AAW representatives to pass the word on items of interest to the membership - not for those who are unhappy about one thing or another to bait, second-guess, accuse, keep score or stir the pot.

I'm sure that as planned from the start of this forum Ed's response is correct, but the decision was made to turn it into something else. When the stuff hit the fan the threads were moved to the sub-forum because it was deemed to be information about the AAW. There were not a lot of AAW representatives passing information at this point, some not a lot. The members have become accustomed to asking questions and getting answers here. Some may not like the questions, some may not like the answers, but a lot of information was passed between AAW members, not just passed down. If this is not the correct place for this activity now, then where should it be?
Can the forum powers that be start a new forum area just for this type of activity?

Perhaps the
sub
sub
sub
sub
sub

where even the Nautilus can't find it

sub-questions and answers forum?

Even if their are those who wish to purge the record of the past forum postings, I think we still need a area in which to continue asking questions and getting answers.

Back