• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Selling Wood

Website
www.richardcarner.com
Hi Everyone,

After 30 years of accumulating wood from a variety of sources it is time to sell some of it. I'm not sure this Marketplace is an appropriate place to do that? If it isn't could someone please provide me with links to sites that would be more approriate? My inventory includes some large South African Blackwood logs, Olivewood, Gabon Ebony, Snakewood and so on. I am not a dealer or anything like that. I exhibited my work at nationally juried shows from 1990 - 2013. Beginning in around 2006 the craft world marketplace began to implode.

I know first hand about the process since I was serving on the Board of the National Association of Independent Artists during that period.

I also have some machinery that I need to sell as well. In particular a Nichols Lathe. I plan on posting details about that lathe here.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Richard

He probably means where is the wood located, since it can sometimes be expensive to ship large pieces. Going by your site, my guess is Lancaster, PA :)

Those undulating sculptural panels are gorgeous, by the way.

Website
www.richardcarner.com
He probably means where is the wood located, since it can sometimes be expensive to ship large pieces. Going by your site, my guess is Lancaster, PA :)

Those undulating sculptural panels are gorgeous, by the way.

Thank you for clearing that up! You are right. I live in Lancaster, PA.

The carved panels displayed are made out of figured maple or figured birch. The turned pieces in this series are made out of cocobolo, pink ivory, and Cape Hope ebony.

The image is part of a photo shoot I had a blast doing in 2017. The location is Canyon de Chelly. An amazing place.

Hi Richard, I am a member of a forum that is geared towards selling wood between fellow woodworkers called Woodbarter.com. It is a great site. Hope you will come explore and give it a try.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Hi Everyone,

After 30 years of accumulating wood from a variety of sources, it is time to sell some of it. I'm not sure this Marketplace is an appropriate place to do that? If it isn't could someone please provide me with links to sites that would be more approriate? My inventory includes some large South African Blackwood logs, Olivewood, Gabon Ebony, Snakewood and so on. I am not a dealer or anything like that. I exhibited my work at nationally juried shows from 1990 - 2013. Beginning in around 2006 the craft world marketplace began to implode.

I know first hand about the process since I was serving on the Board of the National Association of Independent Artists during that period.

I also have some machinery that I need to sell as well. In particular a Nichols Lathe. I plan on posting details about that lathe here.

Richard

As mentioned by John Murray, the Wood Barter Forums is the place to go. We do not allow selling wood. We have made a few exceptions over the years and for various reasons usually regretted that decision. Additionally, we don't have the ability or time to be aware of all the state and local restrictions on the movement of various domestic species in or out of the area.

Website
www.richardcarner.com
As mentioned by John Murray, the Wood Barter Forums is the place to go. We do not allow selling wood. We have made a few exceptions over the years and for various reasons usually regretted that decision. Additionally, we don't have the ability or time to be aware of all the state and local restrictions on the movement of various domestic species in or out of the area.
Understood.

Post with any of your area clubs. That would make it easier for people to come by and then you don't have to ship it. I would come by if we had Star Trek transporters....

A NIchols lathe!!! Got to meet him when the AAW Symposium was in Portland, OR a few years back...

robo hippy

Hi Everyone,

After 30 years of accumulating wood from a variety of sources it is time to sell some of it. I'm not sure this Marketplace is an appropriate place to do that? If it isn't could someone please provide me with links to sites that would be more approriate? My inventory includes some large South African Blackwood logs, Olivewood, Gabon Ebony, Snakewood and so on. I am not a dealer or anything like that. I exhibited my work at nationally juried shows from 1990 - 2013. Beginning in around 2006 the craft world marketplace began to implode.

Richard
Hi I’m interested in the wood you have would you contact me.

Website
www.richardcarner.com
Post with any of your area clubs. That would make it easier for people to come by and then you don't have to ship it. I would come by if we had Star Trek transporters....

A NIchols lathe!!! Got to meet him when the AAW Symposium was in Portland, OR a few years back...

robo hippy
Ha-ha. What a deal that would be to ship. My website has a section called "Chronicals" The narrative about the Norfolk Island Pine vessel involved using 2 different Nichols lathes - one in Florida and mine in Lancaster.
Chronicles (richardcarner.com)

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Hi Everyone,

Richard

I am also in Lancaster
Feel free to contact me ajiafrate@me.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hi Everyone,

Richard
Sent you a message.

Back