• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Suggested Agenda Item

As per Clay's suggestion in the following post:

I called Tom Wirsing today to see about setting in on the next board meeting which happens to be a teleconference board meeting. The next board meeting is at 6:00pm CDT on the 8th of September.

You can e-mail Inquiries@woodturner.org and get the procedure and a pin number so that you can listen (only) to what the board members are saying. The agenda is on the web.

According to Tom Wirsing you can e-mail him with any subject you would like for him to put into the agenda.

I emailed the following message:

President Wirsing,

I saw a post in the AAW Forum stating that you are inviting items to be put on the agenda for the upcoming BOD meeting.

I respectfully request that the following item be added to the agenda under New Business.

I would like the AAW Board of Directors to consider establishing an AAW Forum Committee to replace the Internet Committee.

The purpose of the Forum Committee would be to develop and refine guidelines for the Forum, including content placed on the Forum
as well as posts made by members.
The guidelines would establish procedures for the Mods and Webmaster to follow when making decisions regarding the nature of posts
as well as specific steps to follow when a member places a post that falls outside the guidelines. This would include such issues as when
to warn a member and when to ban someone for crossing the established rules. The guidelines would also specify the roles and responsibilities
of the Mods and Webmaster, including rules for maintaining impartiality.

I would also suggest that the AAW Forum Committee be comprised of five committee members: One Board Member, and four members elected
by those who frequent the AAW Forum.

I appreciate your solicitation of items for the agenda.

Respectfully yours,

Al Stramiello

Back