• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Thank you Steve and Kurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
www.AndiWolfe.com
I really appreciate your efforts to moderate this forum during this past month. You have performed beyond the call of duty to keep things under control here. I hope you'll have a chance to relax a bit after closing this subforum.

kudos Ed, Steve, Kurt

I echo Andi's thanks, Ed, Steve, & Kurt. I must observe this had been a very meaningful activity for me. I may have learned more than I ever wanted to know about AAW. None the less a valuable learning process.
I also, by and large, thank those members participating in the "debate." It is time to adjourn--end it.
Perhaps it is now time to turn the members attention to the bylaw issue alone. I suggest input from the members on the agreed need of amendment would benefit from member wisdom/suggestions. Perhaps, even, recomendation for committee membership names.
I guess I am asking if you consider that kind of a new thread part of the same ol' same ol'?

Thanks for your many, many hours guys.

It certainly became a bit heated and rather over-done at some points but I think this was a good outpouring of concern and involvement by many that may otherwise have not become involved in the inner workings of the AAW.

Lets hope this works out well for the AAW and we all stay a little more involved.

Bill Grumbine

In Memorium
Website
www.wonderfulwood.com
I've been staying out of this mess for the most part, and over on Wood Central, I actually came out against closing the board to the discussion on the AAW mess. But after watching thread after thread after thread appear on this, with so many people screaming, "Hey, look at me!", as well as other things, I think the moderators are doing the right thing. Nothing more than the venting of spleens is taking place here.

I am real big on personal rights. I believe in all of them, and work hard to support them. But some people seem to have forgotten that along with rights goes responsibility. I stopped reading the vast majority of what is being posted because it has proven to be a waste of time. Take the energy you are using to pound the keyboard and get involved - really involved - on one side or the other. As much as anyone might disagree with either side, it appears that so far both sides are working within the context of the rules as they now stand. Whether or not those rules need to be changed is not the issue at this point. They certainly may need to be changed, but they can't be changed in the middle of the game.

I am sure someone will want to write in and vilify me for my point of view. Go ahead. I have a pretty long and public track record of not caring what other people think about me or the opinions I express. :D

... I have a pretty long and public track record of not caring what other people think about me or the opinions I express. :D

Is it okay for me to endorse what you wrote? Well, doggone it! I don't care what you think about my agreeing with you. I do agree and that's the end of it. There!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back