• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodcut Bowlsaver Coring Tool - asking $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
UPDATE: SOLD. PLEASE CLOSE THREAD. THANKS!

Selling my Woodcut coring tool. I've used it a couple of times at most and it's been collecting dust for some time now. Full disclosure: It seems awfully hard for me to move the cutter across the poly "bumper" at the leading edge (shown in red). I think it's just that I haven't set the cutter properly.

It's a simple system for those who've not used it before. Mount it on the toolrest post, plug it into the tailstock, adjust and then swing the handle around to come into contact with the blank.

This tool has two cutters, both of which are installed on the cutter as shown. I've linked a copy of the manual for anyone who would like to give it a look: https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/docs/woodcut_bowlsaver.pdf

I'm asking $200 + the cost of shipping. It weighs about 12 lbs.

If you want to contact me, please PM (conversation), or you can text me at 985 860 1106
Or email me: hepburnmarke @ gmail.com

Thanks,

Martk

woodcut01.jpg woodcut02.jpg woodcut03.jpg woodcut-5.jpg woodcut06.jpg woodcut08.jpg woodcut09.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Hi Glenn. It should. The tool post is 1" and the tailstock is a #2 Morse taper. If you can tell me exactly what information I can provide I'll try to get it.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back