• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Ambrosia Maple Group
E

Ambrosia Maple Group

All made from the same tree but not the same log section.

From the left rear;
10" wide x 7" high, oiled and buffed with carnauba wax.
8" wide x 10" high, oiled and buffed with carnauba wax.
6.5" wide x 10" high, no oil, finished with lacquer.

From left front;
6.5" wide x 5" high, no oil, finished with lacquer
5" wide x 10" high. Hollowed through the bottom. Oiled and buffed with carnauba wax.

All comments are welcome.
Ed, they are all very beautiful and the picture is very nicely set up, nice photo.

Five great pieces and a really nice arrangement. I'm curious what criteria you applied to chose which ones to oil and wax, and which ones to use lacquer.

Thank you Bob and Chuck.

Chuck. I chose the two to be lacquered because they had more white wood which I wanted to preserve. The oil tends to darken everything somewhat. I also saw the opportunity to show the difference in finishes within a group photo.

Be well,
Ed

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Ed Koenig
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings