• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Black Angel
JoWinter

Black Angel

Hi all,
a new idea what you can do with a cracked preturned bowl. In this way you can create so many shapes I think. This one is from Gleditschie and Grenadill ca. 30cm high.
Comments welcome, also negatives.
Hi Peter,
thanks for your accordance. But it seems not to be a common acceptet piece. Why ? I don't know. It's only a upright bowl with a sphere, no more.
Thanks Jo

Very interesting use of forms. I see the reference to angel in the finished form, but probably would not have initially seen it as such, had I not read the title.

You say "it seems not to be a common accepted piece" and I'm wondering who has not accepted it? There will always be those who like or dislike, but in my experience, the innovative combining of turned forms is well accepted within the turning field these past ten or more years.

Yes Betty, you are right. The last two days I showed this piece during a exposition and many people told me the same. One man told me pointing on the head of my angel: You must be a very active guy, because your angle is wiping the perspiration from his forehead. I answered: Yes it is.
Thanks Betty and Peter

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
JoWinter
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata