• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Hollow Form Evolution
William Rogers

Hollow Form Evolution

I had turned this piece of walnut and decided it would be best as a hollow form. My initial thought/design was for it to sit flat. Looking at it I decided to add some feet as I had the wood to do that. The top at that point was just straight. With some input from some turner friends I scalloped the top, (I found out that was not as easy as I thought). This is the final evolved piece.
Wow! I really like the way this turned out.

To me, the design of the legs fight with the style of the vessel. Like putting Queen Anne legs on a piece of shaker furniture. Just my opinion of course.

@Richard Coers I do not want your opinion as it makes no sense to me. Since you have never posted your media that I can find, your opinion is of no value to me. I request that you do not provide your opinion to any of my media.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
William Rogers
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Aperture