• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Lotus-3
G

Lotus-3

Close-up of the top.
Gary, I really like the hollow form pictured here. You did a great job of carving and shaping. Personally, I don't know if you need the base, but it does make for a very different and interesting piece. Congratulations.
Dale

Pleased you showed this shot Gary as it shares some very well done turning, carving & colouring.
Think I have to agree with the other guys, I feel this HF is a stand alone piece.
very nicely done :)
Pete

Before I read the comments I had planned to say the same. This was very well done, including the base. But they don't seem to go together visually as a single cohesive piece. The h.f. is gorgeous and will stand alone quite well!

Thanks-

For y'alls commits. Am planning on doing another one and with the commits and thinking in a slight different direction. Am going to place this in the Instant Gallery at SWAT this coming weekend.

Gary

Hi Gary
Glad you are bringing this to swat. I love the carving and hollow form particulary the coloring and finishing. However I will have to agree with the others on the base - it totally distracts ones eyes when observing the beautiful work on the hollow form. Over a little time, this feeling would probably reverse direction. Great work Gary.

Gary and I were at the SWAT where this piece was in the instant gallery. Seeing it first hand certainly changed my mind about it. It is well done and looks fantastic in person. Again, great work Gary.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
gary rock
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device