• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Mother's Day Bowl
Al Chavez

Mother's Day Bowl

Mystery wood bowl - 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Bealle buffing process followed with Howard's Feed and Wax
Additional pics of the Mother's Day Bowl.
I am getting better finishing cuts by sharpening more frequently and sanding to higher grits. 180# - 600# followed by tripoli and white diamond. Last buffing wheel loaded with carnauba and then hand buffed with Howard's Feed and Wax. I used the Howard's Feed and Wax for the orange oil to allow the wild grain to really pop. I am pretty happy with the results.

Thanks for looking.
Al~

Last edited:

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Al Chavez
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating