• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Pear Box with Black Walnut Finial
C

Pear Box with Black Walnut Finial

Pear Box with Black Walnut Finial. 3 1/2" w. x 6" h.
My first experiment with trying a cross grain box. I can understand now, why most boxes are turned end grain. Even though this beautiful piece of wood was thoroughly dry, it still moved and warped slightly and the lid needed some fine adjustments so the lid would fit properly after the wood moved. It was such a pretty piece of wood I had to try the cross grain though, as end grain would not have shown off the piece as well. All comments are welcome. I like to know what people think of my shapes, designs, and projects as a whole.
very nice

Again I like this one. You do those small boxes well!!! :)

John

Thanks baitbegger! These are my first posts. The others in my gallery are my husbands work.

Ruth

John, I hope you liked seeing the real thing. Thanks for the compliment.

Ruth

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
chipturner
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata