• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Spalted Maple Pot
George Van Beynen

Spalted Maple Pot

I turned this spalted maple pot 4.75x4.5x3 from a chunk I found in the woodlot getting firewood. I had to turn it when I saw the spalting in the end and this is what resulted. The pot has a round bottom and squatted as it dried. The finish is several coats of Waterlox. I am starting to like hollowing as I get more confident. Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking
I keep coming back to look at this photo. I really like it! Nice job keeping the spalting.

Angelo

Thanks for taking the time to comment Angelo. As you can see from my album I really like spalted wood. Each piece seems to have it's own patterns to try to display.

Well, I'm sad that the piece is all ready sold. Now go back to the firewood pile and find some more!!

A

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Van Beynen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata