• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2011 Symposium Registration

does the symposium have a daily fee if you just want to show up and walk around to see exhibits?

does the symposium have a daily fee if you just want to show up and walk around to see exhibits?

John,

The Instant Gallery, trade show, and public exhibits are free, and the AAW annual meeting is open to all members, not just Registrants. Demonstrations and seminars require a paid registration, and the banquet is a separate fee above that.

See you there

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
John,

As Mark said there is lot to see that is "open to the Public"

full registration is $250 until may 15
then it is $300
there is also a single day fee of $175
Few people by 2 days of single day admission.

This is the closet the AAW will be to IOWA for a while.
You Won't want to miss it.

If you can't make the whole symposium, find a van load of club members who can't come to the whole symposium and van pool up tor the day. (Friday or Saturday) Even if you drive 400 miles leave at 3 in the morning and get home after midnight, you'll have a great time. You can spend all day in the Instant Gallery, Trade show, watch the emerging artist demonstration, and see the rootsm turning 25, and Ellsworth exhibitions. There are lots of short demonstrations in the Trade show. I learned to chase threads watching Alan Batty in the trade show many eons ago.

Hope you get to St Paul,
Al

thanks for the info, i spend my summers about 2 hrs nw of the cities and thought i might get to sneak down and check it out. but my schedule varies and i don't want to throw money away...no clubs where i'm at so i'm a loner trying to learn by trial and error, it works too, you remember the errors:cool2:

Back