• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3M 300

I’m sorry, this is my first message and I’m not sure what I suppose to do but I need some help . I have decided to buy a 3 M Versaflo respirator after reading as much as I was able to do. The question I have is, it looks that in the UK they sell this respirator complete with the right filter, battery, charger, belt, helmet etc as a complete kit for people exposed to sawdust or other particles. I haven’t found anything for sale like that here. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks, Al

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Welcome to the forum. At the Forum we can give you woodturning-related advice. I can personally tell you that you will be buying the best helmet-respirator money can buy. But, you are looking in the wrong place if you think that we can sell you a Versaflow here. We do have a Marketplace section, you can sell things related to woodturning there and you can stop by and check to see what other turners have to offer. There are several places online that sell the 3M Versaflow. A Google search should get you started.

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
The 3M website is pretty confusing as they offer all of the component parts to make about 800 different variants of the Vesaflow for all kinds of purposes. Several people have posted the combinations they've bought in the past, a google search should find them, or if you go to a quality dealer they should be able to tell you exactly what you need for woodturning. If you're trying to piece together something inexpensive off ebay you'll need to list of parts to search for.

Searching within this forum for Versaflow will find some of those component lists, I believe.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Emiliano, I'm pretty sure based on the context of only finding the respirators in the UK that Alberto meant "here" in the USA and not here on the forum. Two sources are Airware America and Enviro Safety Products. Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus pandemic almost all PPE has become very scarce and the prices have gone through the roof. Airware America is a small business so they basically are out of luck when it comes to getting anything from 3M. Enviro Safety gets 3M products on a rolling global allocation so you have to get on a waiting list. And, if you aren't a large entity with a critical need you might just be SOL. It might still be possible to assemble a system by scrounging parts on eBay. In any event, I think it would help you come up to speed on what the choices are if you read this thread: Versaflo M-407.

Thanks for that information Bill. I wondered as I've seen video of folks in hospitals and testing sites using them. Business is strange, while some struggle, other's prosper.

Back