• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Alan Peck

Hi, I'm from Salt Lake City and have been turning for about 7 years. I turn a lot of salad bowls, natural edge bowls, peppermills, and hollow forms. My shop is set up with 3 lathes to allow for teaching as well as efficiency when doing semi-production runs of salad bowls and peppermills. Turning is a side hustle and pre-pandemic I would sell at local art festivals/markets in addition to the teaching which I really enjoy. I set up an e-commerce site last year and it's been fun to work on my product photography, but I haven't really pushed the site as a selling tool. Looking to do that this holiday season.

I frequently post on Instagram under @MenacingTourist

HF-group.jpgNE_group.jpgbowls_group.jpg3-mills_1024x1024.jpg

Back