• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Alfred Bucey

Happy to be here. I've been woodworking since my early teens. Tables, cabinets, benches, book shelfs etc. My family had farm in western pa just across the state line from Weirton WV. Dad and my uncle were always making one thing or the other and my cousins and I were the grunts. I got into turning about 12 years ago when my brother-in-law passed away and my sister gave me all his shop tools. He was an Appalachian Artisan. One of the machines I got was an old sears lathe. Been loving turning ever since.

I have been experimenting with epoxy and wood lately.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of members who are more than willing to share their expertise and experience.
Have family from WV. Truly the mountain state.

Back