• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Allan Lamonte

Hello all,

I have been doing the wood working thing for quite a while, but have never tried turning. Well, I had the itch to buy a new tool a few weeks ago and ended up picking up a midi lathe. The following week I took a pen turning class and am hooked. I haven't set mine up yet, but am in the process of getting all the goodies to go with it. Always fun to get into a new way to work with wood....of course it doesn't help that I am in the middle of building the cabinets for my kitchen remodel (which my wife is VERY anxious for me to finish!).

I used to own a Jeep related forum, so I am very aware of how awesome it is to connect with others with like passions. I look forward to meeting/interacting/learning from and with you all...

Here are some pics of my shop...and the kitchen project interuptus that the newest tool is begging for...
shop 1.jpg

Sorry the bike is in the way...
shop 2.jpg

Here is part of the kitchen that is fighting for attention...
IMG_1525.JPG

Thanks for looking everyone,
Allan

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
A lathe will quickly dust up that shop !

Welcome Allan. Wow, you have some mighty heavy duty wood cutting machinery and a very nice shop Allan. You will enjoy woodturning. I started out with a midi lathe and got into pen production and did that for 5 years. I have since purchased a full size lathe but still have my Delta midi lathe. By the way, beautiful cabinetry in your kitchen.

Welcome from another newbie. Great looking shop, but way too clean man! Mine was clean too, until I started using the lathe. It's lots of fun (I'm only a couple of weekends into the hobby) and this forum has been great. Tons of knowledge here.

Back