• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

An observation

I was at my dentist's office today.(pain, no choice) and as part of her safety costume she and the assistant were wearing a face shield. It was a Uvex, the same one I use in turning. She said it was comfortable to wear all day.

So if there is a shortage it's being put to good use.

She was also wearing a LED worklight that was about a1/2" diameter and at about 18" cast a very bright lite of 3" dia. Batteries with a switch in her pocket. This also fit under the mask with room to spare. As it was clipped to her glasses it lit up what she was looking at.
For some it might be something to look at. She got it from a dental supply place so I know nothing more about it.

Stu

They make safety glasses with built in LED's for construction workers along with LED's that can clip to a pair of safety glasses or hard hats.
Should be plenty of options for the hobbyist without having to pay for medical grade equipment.

Back