• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anne Ogg

Website
annieswoodturning.com
Hello! I have been woodturning since the fall of 2016. My first experience at the lathe was like trying crack cocaine (not that I know about that, really!) I immediately sought a used lathe. Now, 3 lathes later, I teach woodturning at UNC Asheville's SkillSet, a program developed to help women learn to use power tools. My interest in turning started as a means to create miniature furniture. Recently I was accepted as an Artisan in the International Guild of Miniature Artisans, specializing in 18th and 19th century reproductions in 1 foot to 1 inch scale. I am also serving in my second year as president of Carolina Mountain Woodturners, Asheville, NC, the largest chapter of the AAW. As of December 31, 2022, we had over 385 members. I look forward to learning from this forum! I love looking through the galleries to get ideas, and sometimes I shrink them down in a 1 foot to 1 inch scale!

Anne

IMG_5038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Welcome to the forum Anne! I loved reading your introduction. The photo of the miniature is incredible! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Cheers!

Howdy and welcome from Texas Anne! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Website
kendorart.com
Hello! I have been woodturning since the fall of 2016. My first experience at the lathe was like trying crack cocaine (not that I know about that, really!) I immediately sought a used lathe. Now, 3 lathes later, I teach woodturning at UNC Asheville's SkillSet, a program developed to help women learn to use power tools. My interest in turning started as a means to create miniature furniture. Recently I was accepted as an Artisan in the International Guild of Miniature Artisans, specializing in 18th and 19th century reproductions in 1 foot to 1 inch scale. I am also serving in my second year as president of Carolina Mountain Woodturners, Asheville, NC, the largest chapter of the AAW. As of December 31, 2022, we had over 385 members. I look forward to learning from this forum! I love looking through the galleries to get ideas, and sometimes I shrink them down in a 1 foot to 1 inch scale!

Anne
Anne, in April I will be moving up to Waynesville North Carolina hopefully we can connect. Over the years I've learned so much from all these people you're approaching it perfectly.

Website
annieswoodturning.com
Anne, in April I will be moving up to Waynesville North Carolina hopefully we can connect. Over the years I've learned so much from all these people you're approaching it perfectly.
Hi Ken, I hope you'll join our group! We stream our demos so you are welcome to join now to get access. If you check out our website under events, you can see our upcoming demonstrators. Waynesville is a beautiful mountain town! And we have lots of members in that area. Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Website
kendorart.com
Hi Ken, I hope you'll join our group! We stream our demos so you are welcome to join now to get access. If you check out our website under events, you can see our upcoming demonstrators. Waynesville is a beautiful mountain town! And we have lots of members in that area. Looking forward to meeting you in person!
Thank you for the invite.

Back