• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anthony Roark

Hi I'm Anthony Roark I bought my lathe about 6-7 months ago and I started my YouTube channel about 5 months ago to share what beautiful things I can make I have an 8'x12' building I need a bigger Workshop LOL one thing at a time I drag my lathe outside to turn I'm hoping by joining this group but I can learn more about wood turning I don't have a lot of time between work and the things I need to do a home but I turn whenever I can here are some photos of some things I have turned 1 crabapple 2 black walnut 3 natural edge crabapple 4 spalted Apple 5 cedar pallet bowl 6 black walnut pot with spalted lid thank you everyone keep turning stay safe 20210511_195925.jpg20210502_183703.jpg20210314_183113.jpg1615247511600.jpg20201101_160702.jpg20200919_122110.jpg

Welcome!!! Those are great turnings. You should be able to find a club in TN or VA since you are at the border of both states.

Thanks John glad to be here things are still a little crazy here so I'm going to wait a little longer before I do anything keep turning stay safe

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, Anthony. I think that most of us "need" a bigger shop. I also drag my lathe outdoors when I turn. It is great except during a blizzard, thunderstorm, heatwave, hailstorm, hurricane, or tornado. Every now and then we have a day with normal weather in north Texas. :p

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hi I'm Anthony Roark I bought my lathe about 6-7 months ago and I started my YouTube channel about 5 months ago to share what beautiful things I can make I have an 8'x12' building I need a bigger Workshop LOL one thing at a time I drag my lathe outside to turn I'm hoping by joining this group but I can learn more about wood turning I don't have a lot of time between work and the things I need to do a home but I turn whenever I can here are some photos of some things I have turned 1 crabapple 2 black walnut 3 natural edge crabapple 4 spalted Apple 5 cedar pallet bowl 6 black walnut pot with spalted lid thank you everyone keep turning stay safe View attachment 38770View attachment 38771View attachment 38772View attachment 38773View attachment 38774View attachment 38775
Welcome to the forum! Looking at your pictures, I see that you don't have a problem when it comes time to clean up the shavings, lots of room, and no neighbors to complain about your chainsaw, LOL

Welcome to the forum! Looking at your pictures, I see that you don't have a problem when it comes time to clean up the shavings, lots of room, and no neighbors to complain about your chainsaw, LOL
I love turning outside it has its advantages and disadvantages you have some pretty nice pieces yourself love The dark burl Bowl

Hi I'm Anthony Roark I bought my lathe about 6-7 months ago and I started my YouTube channel about 5 months ago to share what beautiful things I can make I have an 8'x12' building I need a bigger Workshop LOL one thing at a time I drag my lathe outside to turn I'm hoping by joining this group but I can learn more about wood turning I don't have a lot of time between work and the things I need to do a home but I turn whenever I can here are some photos of some things I have turned 1 crabapple 2 black walnut 3 natural edge crabapple 4 spalted Apple 5 cedar pallet bowl 6 black walnut pot with spalted lid thank you everyone keep turning stay safe View attachment 38770View attachment 38771View attachment 38772View attachment 38773View attachment 38774View attachment 38775
I love turning outside it has its advantages and disadvantages you have some pretty nice pieces yourself love The dark burl Bowl
Nice stuff, like em all but that pallet bowl is pretty thin and shaped so well . That is my pick of the day.

Back