• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Cannot find how to upload custom avatars. Does that mean they are not enbled?

The whole forum looks great, but the complexity will require some experience!

You are one up on me, I don't even know what an avatar is yet. I'm confident that that information is available nearby.
Jake

Website
www.woodturner.org
I could not determine how to enable that either and I installed and customized the software. It's not a closed issue, but just wasn't a priority. In the meantime, Chris Wright and I manually uploaded about 50 for folks to have as a temp solution.

...Jeff

Website
www.woodturner.org

I just successfully uploaded an avatar as a user. But maybe it let me do it because I'm a moderator. Please try it again Steve. It must be 80x80px or less.

Website
www.cswwoodworks.com
ssinner said:
Cannot find how to upload custom avatars. Does that mean they are not enbled?

I took a look into this and made the necessary adjustments. All registered members can now use a custom avatar (keep it clean guys), either by upload or hotlinking. Size for uploading is 80 x 80 pixels (about 1" square) and 19.5 Kb in file size.

To do so, simply click the "My Settings" link at the top of the page and then click "edit avatar". At the bottom of the avatar page will be the area to include a custom one.

:D

Back