• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Bill Dowling

Hi all,
Bill Dowling here, brand-new to this organization, and brand-new to wood turning. I just purchased my very first lathe in August, a jet 1221, and I’m now learning how to use the tools and equipment. I am looking forward to learning a lot here, and engaging with other wood turning enthusiasts. I am in southeastern Connecticut, and have joined a local chapter, but have not yet seen or met anyone. Thanks for being here, and thanks for letting me join!

Attachments

• D6EE3026-355C-4A7A-B94A-342824093B48.jpeg
    D6EE3026-355C-4A7A-B94A-342824093B48.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 8D2A8FE8-A8FC-4053-8BC4-C07A2EFF0C86.jpeg
    8D2A8FE8-A8FC-4053-8BC4-C07A2EFF0C86.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 22
Welcome, I'm new here also. I got the turning bug and man is it expensive.... LOL.... but alot of fun too...

I think you will notice there is always a tool you "need" or have to have... LOL.
You will probably find yourself organizing your entire shop around your lathe now,,, " to be more efficient" ..

Welcome, I'm new here also. I got the turning bug and man is it expensive.... LOL.... but alot of fun too...

I think you will notice there is always a tool you "need" or have to have... LOL.
You will probably find yourself organizing your entire shop around your lathe now,,, " to be more efficient" ..
Greg, I am starting to see that already! The good news is, my shop consists only of my wood turning stuff, so “scope-creep” is not yet an issue.

Welcome to the forum. There is a saying "I am only one tool away from greatness". Sometimes seems that way but just an excuse to go deeper into the whirling vortex of woodturning. You are in the right place to ask questions and get two dozen correct answers. By the way pictures will help with questions , answers and bragging.

Back