• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Brian Rohde

I've been turning for several years now and have a small shop in my garage with a Powermatic 3520 lathe, a Rikon grinder, and a Rikon 13" Bandsaw. I've turned a lot of bowls and am currently trying some hollow turning with tools provided by John Jordan. My next challenge is to turn an end grain lampshade in the style of Peter Bloch who makes the most beautiful lampshades out of big tooth Aspen which is available in this area of NH.

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Welcome from Chattanooga! I had to look up Peter Bloch’s lamps. They’re beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your interpretation in the future. Cheers!

Thanks....Peter's lamps are 1/10" thick and very uniform. In fact, he mostly gauges thickness by shining a light thru them and getting the light uniform in color and intensity. I'll keep you posted.

Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Back