• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Bruno Tachelet

Website
www.pinterest.com
Hi, I am Bruno from a small country in Europe, called Belgium. Our capital is Brussels. I live and work in a small city called Genk. I am a furniture maker and have a part time job as a architectural draftsman. As you will notice, my native language isn't English, but Dutch (Flemish).
I started woodturning about 25 years ago on a very cheap lathe. Soon after that I bought myself a small Record Power lathe. Some times after that, I invested in a large Wivamac (about 1600 mm between centers).
I took a break of about ten years. Since a few years I started woodturning again and since three years I am a member of the Flemish Woodturners Guild. Every month we come together to show our last designs and to gather some tips and watch a demo. The advantage to be a member of the FWG is that you are more stimulated to make new work and to try new techniques. I think wood can be a very beautiful material to work with and to watch and touch. Since a few years I try to use more local wood, instead of rainforest or exotic woods, and I can appreciate these woods a lot more now. Nowadays I am a fan of pieces of wood that are spalted or damaged in one or another way.

Welcome to the forum. Your English is very good. Please share some photos of thing you have turned and furniture you have built.

Website
www.pinterest.com
Hi, thank you for the quick response.
On these links, you can find some pictures of some of the things I've made.

http://www.pinterest.com/brunotachelet/tachelet-vormgeving/

https://www.facebook.com/Tachelet.Vormgeving/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

Hereby are some pictures of my woodturning workspace.Atelier Bruno Tachelet_071117_0001_Mod.jpg
As you can see, it's just a small place in my cellar. In the back of the second photo Atelier Bruno Tachelet_071117_0002.JPG, you can see my second lathe which I don't use at the moment. I'm thinking of installing some buffing wheels on it. The lathe on the right is my third one, and the one I use now for more than twenty years.

I will post some pictures of some turned things I made in the members gallery.

Last edited:
Back