• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Bryan mcpherson

Hey guys I am new here, I live in Fort Valley Ga. and pastor a church just wanting to learn more about turning and what not. Anybody near macon/fort valley/ warner robins/ perry?

Hello Bryan,

Welcome!

I am president of the Bi-City Woodturners of Columbus / Phenix City.
You are a little far from us, but always welcome.
We do have a member from Americus.
Feel free to contact me === salvetti@aol.com

If you search for AAW Chapters here you may find one closer to you, but we are still the best in Georgia. I am sure you will find some excellent turners in your immediate area.

Best of luck.

Bryan,
Welcome to the wonderful world of woodturning. If you have not already done so, I would recommend that you become a member of AAW. You would find there are many advantages to having the membership. One is that you get the great magazine American Woodturner. I did a quick search on the member's side of the website and found 16 woodturning clubs in GA. (Boy, am I jealous.) Not knowing GA geography I don't know which ones might be close to you. So, here is a list of the different cities that they are in: Ellijay, Alphanetta, Barnesville, Columbus, Gainsesville, Athens, Ringgold, Atlanta, Norcross, Savannah, Macon, Demorest, Oxford, Evans, Newman & St. Mary's. Clubs are a great resource and I'm sure that you could find several people willing to mentor you in any of these clubs. Let me know which city/cities are close to you and I will send you the contact information.
Steve

Website
www.billbulloch.com
Hey guys I am new here, I live in Fort Valley Ga. and pastor a church just wanting to learn more about turning and what not. Anybody near macon/fort valley/ warner robins/ perry?

Bryan, you live close to two turning clubs: the Middle Georgia Woodturners in Macon and the Barnesville Woodturners in Barnesville. I belong to both and welcome you to join us. As-a-matter-of-fact we have at least one member (that I know of) in the Barnesville club that lives in Fort Valley and I am thinking there is one in the Middle Georgia Club too. I live in Griffin. Give me a call and less talk about how you are going to learn more about woodturning.

Back