• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

commerative gouge

my wife ordered a 3/8" gouge early june for fathers day. still havent received it.does anyone know what is going on with this monstrous delay??robert davis frustrated in kansas,

It would probably be more effective if you contact the AAW staff directly. Click on the logo in the upper left of this page and scroll down to the gouge section on the right where you'll find an e-mail link as well as a phone number to contact the office.

Good luck.

Last edited:
robert davis said:
i have done that,thought someon out there knew more

Gotcha. Well, stick around and somebody with knowledge might jump in here.

What did the office say? I seem to remember hearing about some delays with getting the steel, or something, and that 1,000 tools (500 each) amounted to nearly a year's production since Jerry makes them himself.

m

Website
www.vinceswoodnwonders.com
Robert,
I spoke to Paulo the owner of CET personally on Thursday of last week. He stated they were still working on getting (1000 tools) out from the AAW. He made it sound like they were finishing up this past week end. You may email Paulo at the following email address and I am sure he will respond promptly.

information@cetinc.com

Hope this helps, Vince

I have the same question and emailed Paulo. Thanks for the address. I will let you know as to the response.

Status of AAW Commemorative Gouges

Our apologies to all of the AAW members who have been patiently waiting for their commemorative tools.

Unfortunately one of our large shipments which was sent while we were at the show in Louisville was lost in transit. We have now recovered from the setback and shipped a large amount of tools to AAW headquarters.

We truly appreciate your understanding!

Paulo Marin, ceo

Now

Whoever hijacked the truck with the cocobolo handle stock needs to fess up (and share the wealth!). :D

Glad to hear you're back on track, Paulo.

Last edited:
Thank you ALL!

I appreciate the positive comments and support!

We have placed priority one on this project since the hijacking of the AAW gouges (our internal investigation says it could have been the Britts... :) (just a little humor)

FedEx tracking shows that the shipment we made on the 7th is scheduled to arrive on the 11th.

I have also just received note that over 150 more tools will be assembled and polished by 5PM today.

We will proceed to engraving handles and ferrules tomorrow. By the begining of next week, they will be shipped FEDEX ground to AAW headquarters. It seems that it takes approximately 4 to 5 days for arrival.

Thanks to all of you for the opportunity to post this information!

Paulo Marin

Paulo Marin - CET said:
Our apologies to all of the AAW members who have been patiently waiting for their commemorative tools.

Unfortunately one of our large shipments which was sent while we were at the show in Louisville was lost in transit. We have now recovered from the setback and shipped a large amount of tools to AAW headquarters.

We truly appreciate your understanding!

Paulo Marin, ceo
Paulo,

I feel your pain. Fed(up)Ex once lost a headstock and tailstock of mine, never to be recovered!

Last edited:
Stuart Batty

Wasn't Stuart Batty supposed to be hand turning all the handles? Wonder how CET is handling that now that Stuart has resigned.

Wilford

I received a call from AAW yesterday to tell me that my gouge was shipped. Now to register it, and decide to use or not to use....that is the question.
DAG

Received mine today!
They are too nice Not to use.
They won't rattle around in the bottom of the tool box, that for sure.
Good things come to those who wait.
Now off to the 'studio'.
Mark.

Back