• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Coronet Major Lathe Universal Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
An iconic machine made in UK (no longer available) I have had this since new (1979) It is based on a wood turning lathe,
but offers... 10 inch table saw, 4 inch jointer/planer thicknesser, 8-inch Disc sander, 6-inch belt sander, Holow chisel, and slot morticer, Headstock swivels 90 degrees for turning large bowls/platters, and for convenient use of the table saw ripping, etc. I believe this to be the only one in the USA. This machine will do a lot of things, but not without setting up for the next operation, so can be a pain (as most multi machines) but if you have limited space, this may be of interest to you.
5-speed "Poly V" drive belts. 120 Volt motor. This lathe has a swing of 9 inches over the bed but swivels 90 degrees to turn up to 24 inches, and it turns in the same direction, so very nice to use. Can only show 4 pics. I am in Cape Coral FL. Please contact me at mrdenniselliott@aol.com
$2.000

Attachments

• BASIC SETUP.JPG
    BASIC SETUP.JPG
    713.5 KB · Views: 98
  • BASIC W MORTICE.JPG
    BASIC W MORTICE.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 95
  • CU OF HEADSTOCK.JPG
    CU OF HEADSTOCK.JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DISC SANDER.JPG