• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dale Lynch

Hi Everyone,My name is Dale but people call me whatever they feel like.I got into woodworking,primarily turning about 6 yrs ago.It all started with a shopsmith and progressed from there.I turn a variety of different things without focusing on any particulr style.I also do some flatwork but I try to incorperate turning whenever I can.Early on I got into making pen kits with burls and segmenting,I have transitioned into crosswrap thread art like they use in custom fishing rod building for my pens now.

Welcome from Alaska. Post some pictures of your work if you get a chance. Are you still turning on the shopsmith?

Edit: just saw your image gallery. Good looking turnings!

Hi Brandon
Welcome from Alaska. Post some pictures of your work if you get a chance. Are you still turning on the shopsmith?

Edit: just saw your image gallery. Good looking turnings!

Hi Brandon,thanks for the welcome.I don't have the smith anymore,couple years ago I aquired a VL200 short bed and a bunch of tools from an estate auction so that's what I use now.

Thanks for the welcome and laughs fellas. Estate sales are the only time a guy gets a deal on woodworking tools,after they've been pryied from their cold dead hands.Not making light of their passing, just the old phrase.

Back