• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dan Cross

Hi folks, I am a woodturner from Alpine, Arizona, a small town 8 miles from the New Mexico border. I have been turning for 6 years up here, after almost 50 years of cabinet and furniture work. I am fortunate to belong to the New Mexico Woodturners group, which has helped me tremendously "get better". AAW has been a huge gift too, for a bunch of good reasons. I stand thankful for the many supportive men, women and organizations in this field.45E3D1BB-6416-4DB0-B78E-9E623193615C_1_201_a.jpegDAFB6339-3EA7-4D80-A8D5-41649C199C33_1_201_a.jpeg

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, Dan. I have been through Alpine, AZ probably about ten years ago. I used to go backpacking and fishing in the Gila Wilderness and frequently stayed in Glenwood, NM. One year when the fishing was terrible in the Gila river we went to Big Lake in Arizona and had a great time catching lots of trout. It was late in the year and we basically had the whole lake to ourselves.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Thank you gentlemen, very much appreciated. Emiliano, I so admire your work and generosity of spirit. Here is my ode to the calabash, out of juniper...the smiley face was an added bonus!
Thank you for your kind words! Nice calabash! Aloha from Maui.

Hey there, Dan! Pleasure see you on here. While I have no experience with surgical recovery, I am thrilled to see you in this forum. I hope you are well, my friend! Thoughts and prayers for you from down the trail.

Scott
Hi old buddy, hope you are hanging in there, think of you often, best of luck.

Welcome to the AAW forum, Dan. I have been through Alpine, AZ probably about ten years ago. I used to go backpacking and fishing in the Gila Wilderness and frequently stayed in Glenwood, NM. One year when the fishing was terrible in the Gila river we went to Big Lake in Arizona and had a great time catching lots of trout. It was late in the year and we basically had the whole lake to ourselves.
Thanks Bill, Big Lake has been a tough place to fish since they paved the road from Alpine. I still drop by there sometimes but mainly stay on the Rez lakes...best wishes.

Back