• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Daniel Joyce

Hello Turners,
First off I'm 41 years old and my occupation is Industrial Ironworker and Rigger. I live just outside of Beaumont Texas. I've been turning for almost 3 years. My first lathe was a small Wen that my wife gifted me for Christmas and my obsession began. Mostly pens and a couple small bowls/ knick knacks. I dabble a bit in making my own hybrid blanks for pens as well. About 2 weeks ago I made my upgrade and furthered my obsession with a new Coronet Herald Lathe from Record Power. I'm very excited about my new membership in the AAW and the opportunity to learn more and hopefully help others. 20221029_110151.jpg20221026_185434.jpgScreenshot_20221031_083924_Photos.jpg20221029_113910.jpg

Welcome Daniel. Some nice looking pieces you have there. I think you will like the RP Herold. I have had the Envoy for close to two years and love it.

Back