• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dave Myers

Hey everyone! Started teaching myself turning after grabbing a rikon mini lathe woodcraft was clearing out of there classroom. I quite enjoy it and have been practicing on firewood and cheap maple bowl blanks. Looking to learn more and strengthen my technique. I'm sure there's millions of ways I can get better. Oh and I live in Raleigh, NC

Howdy and Welcome from Texas!

I bought a Jet 1221vs years before I took any physical classes. For those years my success rate was heavily dependent on luck. Finally took a few classes to help reinforce the basics and safety and my learning curve increased exponentially. Now when I go to a demo I actually know what the demonstrator is taking about and can usually add to my growing skillset. Highly recommend getting some hands on instruction. Have fun!

Back