• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dave Pollatta

I am a first year member of AWW and the Finger Lakes Woodturners chapter. I started turning in the late '80's when I bought a used Delta 14' lathe. I did some bowl and spindle turning for several years until family life dominated. Last fall I started attending the Rochester Woodturners Society turning special interest group. At the first meeting the original owner of my Delta was at the meeting. I introduced myself and he was pretty amused that the lathe was still around. At the end of the meeting he offered to mentor me. So for the last several months I've been receiving some top notch bowl turning instruction. Shortly after starting, I purchased a Powermatic 3520C and upgraded my grinding setup. I've been having a lot of fun with my new toy. I look forward to be being part of this forum!

Back