• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dave Roberts

Website
www.darawoodworks.com
Hello here is a little background info. While having no professional training or courses in woodworking, I have been working with wood for over 35 years and am self-taught. In 1984 I was given the book “The Craftsman Wood Turner” by Peter Child and that was my basis for learning my craft. I retired after 37 years with Canadian National Railway working in the Signals & Communications Dept. in both installations and maintenance. During that career, I was installing, repairing and trouble-shooting, continually working with my hands, which in part is what I love about lathe work. After retiring in 2015, my wife Alison and I moved from Ontario and we now reside on Pender Island BC where we have taken to the shop full time. In the early 1990’s I had three furniture projects published in Canadian Workshop Magazine. In 2020 I was featured in Woodturning Magazine issue 346. Some of our work is visible on FB and Instagram and we also have a web site. Thanks for looking cheers.

Back