• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

David Hipschman

Hello, I'm brand-new at this but am blessed with an experienced mentor neighbor who has shown me enough to help get me started. I bought a Jet 16-42 and have begun teaching myself how the turning tools work by using green wood, and I think may try to actually make something any day now. I live near Damariscotta, Maine where a Nor'easter is underway as I type and it is snowing and blowing outside.
I have been reading through the Forum threads and am glad to have access to all of your experience. Thank you!

Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Back