• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Demonstrator tips

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I was sure I saw something on this site or the AAW home page on tips for demonstrators. Our club is wanting to put together a handout on tips for a good demonstration so we can hand them out to members who have volunteered to do a demo. This is primarily for those who haven't done a demo before but could be good for anyone as a refresher.

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Last edited:
John, Rob provides good help in his links but in a not too distant AAW journal there is also an excellent article guiding those who host out of town demonstraters that you might want to use as well.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Rob That's exactly what I was looking for. I think between the two I can put together something that would be a good preparatory document for our local club demonstrators. Won't hurt me to read over it occasionally either.

Starting to do some demos myself, I printed both of these sheets out for my own use also. Nice to have a check list to back up my failing memory as I get more and more gray hair!! :D AAW did a good job on these sheets and they have already helped me personally!

Wilford

Back