• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Denny Nebgen

Website
originalrevolutions.com
I was a toolmaker by trade and I had always dabbled in wood working. However, my dad's old craftsman wood lathe sat in the corner of my shop for years piled up with "stuff". I thought that wood lathes were for chair legs and stairway spindles and that just didn't interest me. During the winter of 2017/ 2018 I was watching some you tube videos on guys carving bowls and came across one where someone was turning a bowl on a wood lathe. That really got my attention and I liberated dad's lathe from the debris and started playing. After several small projects, I ended up buying a Nova Galaxy DVR 1644 and I have been turning everything I can get my hands on ever since. I started a little turning business named Original Revolutions and have been selling some of my work at craft fairs, art shows and farmers markets.

I tell everyone who asks that I am like a Heroin addict out selling stuff to support the habit. I only wish I had discovered wood turning 20 plus years ago. I am definitely addicted.

Whirl Bowl.jpgXXXXXXWhirl Bowl 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back