• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dick Gerard

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Alan Zenreich and I received a very sad text from Dick's wife, Nancy.
Dick is in the hospital on a respirator, with a tracheotomy, and not doing well at all. He has Myasthenia Gravis, an autoimmune disease. Three weeks in ICU and now in acute care. Dick would love to hear from friends and the WOW family. For snail mail, his address is:
7410 Railway Ct
Indianapolis,
IN 46256
You can text him at his cel 317 748 3379
ANd or Nancy at 317 410 3640
Nancy also said that obviously, this is the end of Dick's long, famous, distinguished career as an artist. My prayers are with him and his family.

Shown on Wood Central this morning;
"Dick Gerard passed away yesterday. He was one of the founders of the AAW and a good friend of WoodCentral. My deepest condolences to his family.

Ellis Walentine, Host"

So sorry to hear that. Our club had Dick for his very first IRD a couple years ago and I spent a lot of time helping him get camera angles, lighting, etc. ready. I enjoyed meeting him, albeit virtually. He had serious health issues way back then and was trying to make a comeback. RIP

Back