• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dick Sing video: Turning a tool handle

Website
www.lumberjocks.com
My Grandfather was an early employee of Fisher Body early 1900s, which became part of General Motors, I still have quite a few of his tools, some need new handles but I hate to remove the history.
They still work quite well plus I have about a dozen handmade planes from him and his toolbox.
From Wikipedia about Fisher Body
The company owned 160,000 acres (250 square miles or 650 km²) of timberland and used more wood, carpet, tacks, and thread than any other manufacturer in the world. It had more than 40 plants and employed more than 100,000 people, and pioneered many improvements in tooling and automobile design including closed all-weather bodies.

Tools.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back