• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Digital copy Chapter bylaws 001

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Larry
Starting a chapter is a lofty and rewarding ambition.

There is sample bylaws. I looked at On my ipad it gave me the option of opening in word.
If you can't get it in word send me a pm with an email and I will send it to you.
http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.woodturner.org/resource/resmgr/bp/bp_039_bylaws_simple.doc

Visit the AAW PAGE on starting a chapter. Lots of supporting information.
http://www.woodturner.org/?page=StartingChapter&hhSearchTerms="Starting+and+chapter"

Also you can always call the AAW office and receive additional guidance.

Regards,
Al

Thanks for your reply, but we are re working our bylaws. The copy on theAAW site are simple039 .I am looking for expanded 001 copy , I have a printed copy , but a digital copy will save time....[/QUOT
Iam looking for a digital copy of chapter bylaws 001(expanded). It will lend itself to cut and paste.
Larry, I can provide you with copies from three woodturning clubs that are in Word format and are all compliant with the new IRS requirements. Please contact me by e-mail

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
For the benefit of dummies like me could you describe what the terms "expanded 001 bylaws" and "simple 039 bylaws" mean? Not that I would be able to help, but I am just curious. It might turn out to be useful if our club decides someday to revise our bylaws. I tried a Google search and came up empty handed. Does it have something to do with 501(c)(3) requirements?

Back