• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dust collector died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing Mark. 30 gallons of fine dust from the table saw, bandsaw, and planer are a lot heavier than a 30 gallon drum of turning shavings.... 55 gallon, I would have trouble moving that... Also, with the 55 gallon one, my DC would be another foot or so higher, which would be up into the ceiling in my shop.

robo hippy

Whether 30 gallon or 55, I can run a small tractor/loader up to it to move it so weight is not a problem. I have 8'7" floor to ceiling for height so I think I'm good there. What are the bags on a delta dc, 30 gallon? I save up 2 of them then move with a loader, being disabled some, I can't pick those up when full.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back