• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Election Results

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
The AAW Board of Directors election results was announced this afternoon. The information hasn't been posted on the main site yet, but here are the results:

ELECTION RESULTS

Greg Schramek, AAW Board President

October 24, 2017

On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am pleased to announce the results of the 2017 election for the Board of Directors.

Please join me in congratulating Rick Baker, Jeff Brockett, and Kathleen Duncan. Rick will serve a three-year term on the AAW Board of Directors beginning on January 2, 2018. Kathleen and Jeff will each serve their second 3-year terms on the Board.

A total of 1,189 ballots were cast, with up to three votes allowed on each ballot, yielding 3,084 votes.

The AAW Board would like to acknowledge and thank all of the candidates. Each has dedicated countless hours to woodturning education in various volunteer roles. I encourage you to join the Board and AAW staff in expressing appreciation for their past and future service to our membership. I would also like to thank each of the members who cast ballots to express support for this essential process which sustains the leadership of our organization. Finally, I want to acknowledge AAW's independent auditing firm, Olsen Thielen & Co., Ltd., for their diligent and thorough administration of the election process.

Greg Schramek
President
AAW Board of Directors

**********************************************************************************

UPDATE: The information is now available on the AAW website at: http://www.woodturner.org/news/372133/AAW-Board-of-Directors-Election-Results.htm

Back