• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gabe Latner

Hi everyone,

I've been turning for about seven months, at the Toronto Tool Library, downtown Toronto's best (and only) community woodshop/makerspace. I'll be posting questions and projects for myself, and other TTL members.

As a donation-reliant makerspace, TTL has a very eclectic collection of tools. The current set up consists of an ancient 12x40"+ Craftex lathe with a Reeves drive, and a brand new Coronet Herald we're still working the kinks out of. There are also some mini lathes for pen turning. We have two bowl gouges of unknown provenance, a few incomplete "beginner lathe chisel" sets, and some homemade tools of questionable utility. (Have you ever tried turning with a reground jackhammer chisel? We have.)

If you're in the GTA and want to learn more message me!

Back