• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gary Branch

Website
www.etsy.com
Hello All,

I have a Nova Galaxy DVR and I’ve been turning since August 2022 which is about when I retired. I’m a lifelong do-it-yourselfer and handy with most any tool, but I’ve never done any real wood working. I’ve been enjoying the learning process figuring out how to use and sharpen traditional gouges and scrapers. I am especially enjoying the process of creating on the lathe. I look forward to joining the fun here on the AAW form.

Here's a sample of my work.

Attachments

• IMG_7016.jpeg
    IMG_7016.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7149.jpeg
    IMG_7149.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 12
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the discussions. I'll provide you with some unsolicited advice. 1) Join your local woodturners club. I belong to several and find that the dues are a minor investment in comparison to the benefits derived. According to the AAW website there is a chapter
Ocean Woodturners in
Cranston RI Website: https://www.oceanwoodturners.com

2) Invest in yourself through professional instruction. You'll become a better turner much more quickly.

Website
www.etsy.com
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the discussions. I'll provide you with some unsolicited advice. 1) Join your local woodturners club. I belong to several and find that the dues are a minor investment in comparison to the benefits derived. According to the AAW website there is a chapter
Ocean Woodturners in
Cranston RI Website: https://www.oceanwoodturners.com

2) Invest in yourself through professional instruction. You'll become a better turner much more quickly.
Thanks Jim. I'm always up for advice and any critique of my work people are kind enough to give. I am a new member of Ocean Woodturners. I've only been to one meeting so far. Then seem like a greate group. I'll look into the professional instruction also.

Back