• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gene Pitstick

Retired math and technology teacher, website developer, soccer coach, recumbent trike rider who created numerous woodworking and home remodeling projects over the years because I liked working with my hands and wood, also to save money. It all started on the farm while in FFA building a gate, hog and cattle feeders and a cattle shed. Have done everything from remodeling a 1905 house, 3 kitchens, Christmas presents, bunk beds, desks, stools, and more. Some of my projects are on lumberjocks.com under socrbent (http://lumberjocks.com/socrbent). I’m spending more time in my basement shop each year making items for our home, gifts for family, and items for the shop.

My Dad taught me to turn with a walnut lamp when I was 15 on an old Sears lathe for a 4H project. Inherited his Shopsmith when I was 55 and got back into turning. Upgraded to a Nova DVR XP eight years ago. Got into segmented turning about 5 years ago. The Seg Easy method has really helped me make segmented rings along with YouTube videos like Captn Eddie, Alan Stratton Carl Jacobson, Mike Waldt, Mike Peace, Sam Angelo Al Furtado, and especially Stuart Batty. Attended 2 Ohio Valley Symposiums, Segmented Chicago and AAW this past summer in Chatenoga. Member of Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild and Segmented Woodturners where I serve on the board with some Al Miotke, Russ Braun, Lloyd Johnso and Ron Seiloff as webmaster.

20221127_224649.jpg 20191117_095055.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy and welcome from Texas. I really like the bowl with the star in the bottom. Very nice work.

Back