• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Getting rid of my wood collection

Well, we sold our house in Hoodsport Wa, and are moving to extreme northern California. Because the moving companies charge by weight; I had to give away most of my wood that I had acquired in the the last 3 years. 400 plus pounds of figured big leaf maple, lots of cherry, cedar, ash. Needles to say, it was a sad week. I am taking some large burl chunks though, so at least I'll have something to turn when the tools get there. Anyone one here live in the Redding Ca area?

Attachments

• IMG_7586.JPG
    IMG_7586.JPG
    825 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7815.JPG
    IMG_7815.JPG
    763.5 KB · Views: 39
No further than your moving, I would leave in back of truck, cover and take with me, so long as your not under firewood restrictions. Our state, and neighboring state prohibits *importing* of un-treated wood.

California has mandatory ag inspection stations at state line crossings...they might take issue with the bark, and possibly, the wood itself. Best do some research first.

Back