• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Glaser 3/32” Mini Parting tool

Lance Mirrer

AKA "taxman"
Website
taxmancpa.com
Hi Angelo,
Hoping you get lots of responses. I don't have any for sale, but really nice Glaser handle there. Do you have the set or is this a stock pic?

I have them they are great. I believe the history is they were a kids give away at an AAW Forum for those attending their Learning Woodturning.

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Yep, perfect little tools. You are correct, Paulo Marin made these in 2007 for the Portland Symposium. Paulo also made the same style handle in Rosewood and anodized Aluminum. I have examples of all three. I’ll post some photos if you would like to see.
I’m not likely to see any for sale. However Linda at Glaser was able to find an old stock replacement. Right now that’s my only hope for a replacement.

Lance Mirrer

AKA "taxman"
Website
taxmancpa.com
Hi Angelo, I've not seen any of the handles in other materials . Thought I had at least one of most of the old Glasers. Appreciate you posting pics. And letting me know if you run across any for sale.

Website
www.cutthroatwoodworks.com
I recognize this is the marketplace but I find a great deal of education here, too. Learning about that Glaser tool history is neat and valuable as I have been able to participate in a few club member's shops being liquidated due to illness, age or the like and have seen some original Glaser tools being exchanged. There's much to be gained from the exchanges here.

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Here’s something you don’t see very often (if at all). It’s the first turning handle with interchangeable blades. It came standard with
5/8” Stocksdale Gouge
5/8” bowl gouge
1/2” bowl gouge
3/8” bowl gouge
5/8” radius scraper
I am told that Jerry never marketed this set. Instead, he made them on request for turners to use while traveling. I have them in my winter shop as it is very small but can be heated. I feel fortunate to have as set.

Attachments

• A309A934-4FF6-46F6-ADB5-ED287F2AE1BA.jpeg
    A309A934-4FF6-46F6-ADB5-ED287F2AE1BA.jpeg
    603.3 KB · Views: 14
  • CEC61C89-C64E-42F8-8682-7FE364E18A31.jpeg
    CEC61C89-C64E-42F8-8682-7FE364E18A31.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 14
You might want to check out Thompson Tools parting tool for replacement. He has also made replacement steel for the red and black handles.

Back