• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gnome hair

I’m looking for the hair that everyone is using for gnomes
I’m looking on hobby lobby site and don’t really see and big squares of the long fur maybe add a link so I can find it thanks

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
Yep as mentioned, Faux Fur is what gets the result - I got mine on Amazon a couple years back, a variety assortment of colors as cheap as I could find, I Still have pieces of all 4 colors after what must be 40 - 50 gnomes made & sold, I would estimate you can do maybe 80 to 100 out of that 4-pack.... There are multiple choices so you may want to shop around the customer reviews , as the quality and finish can be a key point (quality of the stuff I got was not terrible but could have been better, and most assuredly could have been better packed as some of the material came with a permanent crease in the fibers due to careless vacuum packing.)

Back