• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Guillaume Fontaine

Hello everyone,
I know it’s customary to introduce yourself, so it’s my turn…

My name is Guillaume Fontaine, a 42-year-old Frenchman living in Burgundy and more precisely in Morvan, in France. I am currently a wood sculpture trainer for young people in vocational high schools.
My passion for woodworking began twenty years ago with studies in cabinet making and then in ornamental sculpture.
Since 2018, the practice of woodturning has completely changed the way I work. I realize unique, contemporary or trompe-l'oeil works. I try to vary the techniques as much as possible by using piercings, textures or sculpted ornaments made with traditional tools.
I like to work with local pieces of wood which are recovered or marked by the time. These pieces have already lived and tell us their stories by revealing themselves step by step under the tools. The creative universe of woodworking arts leaves an important place for interpretation and daydreaming. This is why I search through woodturning for a logical and contemporary evolution of sculpture which has become too classic in my eyes.
I believe it is important to love and share what you do to progress and these are the reasons why I registered here.

Looking forward to reading you.

Attachments

• coffret-4.jpg
    coffret-4.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 35
  • mauvaisegraine3.jpg
    mauvaisegraine3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Hello everyone,
Guillaume, welcome! I have been following your work on other platforms— incredible! So nice to have you on the forum.
Heather, I also follow your work on other platforms. It's really fantastic !
Hi Guillaume, welcome from Tennessee! I enjoyed reading your introduction post. Those pieces are beautiful :)
Hi Michael, thank's for your welcome and thank you for the compliments. Being new, I will try not to do anything stupid and I hope not to be clumsy with the words of a language that is not mine.
Welcome! Your work looks very beautiful and detailed!
Thank you very much !
Welcome! From your photos you are clearly a very skilled craftsman. I hope that the forum provide great value and utility to you.
Jim, Thank you ! We learn every day by sharing our knowledge and I'm sure I'm in the right place. :)
Welcome, Guillaume from Australia. The two pieces here are impressive, well done.
Thanks Hughie !

Looking forward to reading you

Welcome Guillaume,
Impressed by your work. Your students are lucky to have your guidance and passion for art.
Thank you for the compliments!
I am too lucky to have students who are motivated and passionate about the arts of wood. it is a pleasure to teach in these conditions.

Bienvenue. Votre travail est exceptionnel! Est en Bourgogne—mon endroit préféré au monde (le vin).

Alan
Merci pour l’accueil. En bourgogne, je suis dans un coin de nature, bien vert, montagneux avec lacs et rivières. Les vignes pour le vin ne sont jamais très loin.

Thank you for the welcoming. In Burgundy, I am in a corner of nature, very green, mountainous with lakes and rivers. The vines for wine are never far away.
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing more of what you do and if even half as good as what you have shown will be fantastic.

Gerald, thank you for the welcome and congratulations for your work.
I will share some photos from time to time. Looking forward to discussing between enthusiasts.

Back