• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Harbor Freight dust collector

Got an email from HF with their weekend coupons-100.00 off on the dust collector. Makes for a great price!

Attachments

• IMG_1404.png
    IMG_1404.png
    583 KB · Views: 12
They've also got $70 off on their 1,000 pound hydraulic lift table. Coupon i saw on another forum was good until 3-7, so i may be able to pick one up after my next "paycheck" (thanks to those of you who are still contributing to FICA!!)

This DC is a good deal - probably one of the only machines HF sells that is worth more than the cost. Throw the bags away or use them to sort your laundry, get a Wynn Environmental Nano Filter add a cyclone to separate the big stuff and have a strong dust collector that competes with far more expensive units. Mine has been going strong for over a decade and shows no sign of giving up the ghost any time soon. It’s also pretty quiet, at least mine is, but I recently moved it to the other side of the wall to free up some space.
I added a plywood panel to support the filter and spent some time sealing up some areas - added a little weather strip under the area where the plastic dust bag seats on the rim.

Back