• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Here's an event appreciation idea.

Forget the fact that this has my name on it, I know I have few friends here. What I wanted to share is that this kind of thing can really give a hard worker or senior member of your club a huge boost to know the club or event attendees recognize his efforts over the decades are appreciated. Unless you are in the 1 percent that works the hardest at these things, you might not have thought about just how much this is appreciated.
3 of us were inducted Saturday at our event. Dick Sing and Greg Cozad were the other two.

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 67
Website
www.ovwg.org
Forget the fact that this has my name on it, I know I have few friends here. What I wanted to share is that this kind of thing can really give a hard worker or senior member of your club a huge boost to know the club or event attendees recognize his efforts over the decades are appreciated. Unless you are in the 1 percent that works the hardest at these things, you might not have thought about just how much this is appreciated.
3 of us were inducted Saturday at our event. Dick Sing and Greg Cozad were the other two.
Congratulations! Our club does a similar thing with two members getting Lifetime Membership Awards for their service.

Congratulations, Richard.

Those of you considering such a thing--don't wait! When we get around to realizing someone deserves an honor, they've gotten old and we tend to lose them before we get our poop in a group to do the honoring. Bad on us. You can do better.

Richard,

Congrats on your award!

You are so right about acknowledging or recognizing club members who go above and beyond. Our club awards a member annually, with the recipient being the president’s choice. In our case, the Luna Ford Award is named after a founding member of our club. This one is ~ 11” diameter, made of Paela (sp?).

Attachments

• IMG_7807.jpeg
    IMG_7807.jpeg
    664.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7807.jpeg
    IMG_7807.jpeg
    664.6 KB · Views: 11
Back